Compensation and Expense Reimbursement
Non-State Employees SRC-B
Every individual and organization doing business with the state is considered a vendor. This includes members of the SRC-B. Members of the SRC-B must register as a vendor in the Supplier Portal which is part of (SWIFT) State Wide Integrated Financial Tools. The Supplier Portal allows vendors to login, view payment detail and update contact information. It is important to keep your contact information current in order to receive your payment and as part of your vendor record.
To complete your registration as a supplier use this link. To enable screen reader mode check the box for screen readers after the logon ID and password.
Members of the SRC-B may be eligible to receive a per diem of $55 a day plus expense reimbursement as authorized by the commissioner's plan for each day spent on authorized council activities. Council members who incur child care expenses that they would not have otherwise incurred, may be reimbursed for those expenses upon prior Council authorization. Members who are state employees or employees of a political subdivision do not receive daily compensation. In order to receive your per diem or reimbursements you must have registered in SWIFT and your information must be current.
SRC-B Committees and Task Forces
Individuals who are not SRC-B members but serve on Council committees and task forces cannot receive the per diem. An individual may receive an expense reimbursement as authorized in the commissioner's plan. This reimbursement of special expenses must be prior authorized and approved prior to incurring an actual expense. For example Child care expenses, that otherwise would not have been incurred, may be reimbursed upon prior council authorization. This expense would be subject to approval by the commissioner prior to incurring the expense.
Expense reimbursement under the Commissioner's Plan
- Privately-Owned Vehicles: a member may be reimbursed at the rates specified below:
- Use of privately owned automobile at current IRS mileage rate.
- Use of a personal van or van-type vehicle specially equipped with a ramp, lift, or other level exchanging device designed to provide wheelchair access at current IRS mileage rate.
- Maximum reimbursement amount for meals, including tax and gratuity.
- Breakfast $9.00 leave before 6:00 a.m. or is away from home overnight and must provide a receipt for reimbursement.
- Lunch $11.00 more than 35 miles away from home or is away from home overnight
- Dinner $16.00 arrive home after 7:00 p.m. or is away from home overnight and must provide a receipt for reimbursement.
- (Slightly higher amounts are available in specific metro areas)
- Hotel and motel accommodations provided that members exercise good judgment in incurring lodging costs and that the charges are reasonable and consistent with the facilities available. Receipts for overnight stays for council meetings must be submitted for reimbursement.
- Long distance phone calls incurred in travel status as part of Council, committee, or task force business.
- Personal telephone calls, up to $3.00 per night away from home and must be documented and requires a receipt for reimbursement.
- Parking fees and toll charges, Requires a receipt.
SRC-B members who are on committees, and task forces may submit expenses for a driver or other reasonable accommodation expenses for these meetings on their non-employee expense report. For this type of expense please contact Susan Kusz for clarification on whether your expense(s) will be cover prior to the meeting. SRC-B members may receive reimbursement for driver fees at a reasonable hourly rate. Expenses for the driver will be reimbursed at the same rate as the SRC-B member.
If any federal funds are to be used for expenses prior approval through an RSA expense submission form must be completed and approved before any expenses are incurred. This is typically for Out of State Conference attendance. Your travel expenses will be arranged and paid for by State Services for the Blind. Contact Susan Kusz for details.
Reference: Minn. Stat. 15.059
Non-Employee Expense Report and Instructions
SRC-B members are required to submit an expense form for payment of their per diem and other expenses. The State Program Administrator who supports the council will assist in completing the Non-Employee Expense Report for council members and ask them to sign the expense report form for submission. Receipts for travel to and from the meetings and any other expenses are expected to be received via email no later than 3 days after the meeting. Susan Kusz tracks the expenses for the council and then submits the Non-Employee Expense forms to the appropriate department. If you do not receive your payment please notify Susan Kusz.
Out of State Travel
If the SRC-B has selected you to attend a conference out of state, prior approval is required. SSB Director will submit the proper documentation to RSA. NO travel arrangements can be made until approval had been received.
Once SSB is notified that travel and attendance is approved you will be notified to schedule your travel. Susan Kusz will coordinate with you and make your hotel reservation and register you for the conference. Air travel can be arranged through Susan Kusz. Other expenses may require you to pay in advance (baggage, ground transportation, meals). The receipts for these items will be needed for submission and reimbursement.
Use of Form
The State Program Administration will be sure all data is accurate and included. Any missing information will delay the processing of the expense report and your refund or payment.
This form is used for the following purposes:
- To reimburse non-employees for authorized travel expense, per diem and/or private auto usage in the conduct of departmental business.
- To request reimbursement for small cash purchases paid by non-employees.
Copies and distribution
- An original is required in Financial Services.
- Non-employee must keep a copy for tax records.
- Use more than one page, if necessary, with ALL top lines filled out.
Completing the Form
Please ask for assistance in completing this form. -The appropriate boxes must be checked to indicate whether this is a request for in-state or out-of-state travel and the correct cost center to be charged to.
Your name, address, relationship to DEED (i.e., name of board or council), social security number, and travel period must be accurate. . A line for each day of travel should be completed on the report as follows:
- DATE: Enter only the day of the month unless the travel period extends into a second month. In that case, enter both the month and the day.
- TIME: Indicate time of departure or arrival wherever breakfast or dinner are claimed.
- DEPARTURE-ARRIVAL: On travel days enter both the departure and arrival points. On days when no travel occurs, enter the place where the expense was incurred in the "Departure" column.
- PVT. CAR MILES: Under "Trip Miles" enter number of miles for shortest direct route between "From" and "To" points.
- Under "Local Miles" show actual odometer miles of driving necessary to accomplish purpose of trip after reaching destination. NOTE: If using a private care for out-of-state travel, enter coach class airfare in space provided above signature.
- Enter amounts for MEALS; LODGING; OTHER EXPENSE; AIR, RAIL, BUS FARE, TAXI,CAR RENTAL AND PARKING; CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES; AND PER DIEM in the appropriate columns only if you incurred these expenses out of pocket.
Be sure to enter ITEM as well as AMOUNT under OTHER EXPENSE. Enter actual amounts up to the limits set for the Commissioner's Plan. Do not enter more than the set limit for any item. For meals, check the Commissioner's Plan for the conditions under which meals may be claimed. If a conference registration fee includes meals, enter whatever portion of the fee is designated for meals under the appropriate meals column, and the remainder under Conference Registration.
Receipts for all expenses
Receipts for all expenses must be attached to the reimbursement form at the time of submission.
You are required to sign your expense form before it can be submitted. SRC-B members are asked to sign their form at the regular meetings or with an electronic signature. If you are submitting committee meeting expenses or Out of State travel expenses please contact Susan Kusz for more information.
There is an additional signature that is required prior to submitting your expense form. This signature is that of the Deputy Director Brianna Holeman. Susan Kusz will acquire this signature which is an approval of your expenses after all expenses have been entered, all receipts attached and your signature is on the form and it has been received by Susan Kusz.
YOU CAN USE EXTRA PAGES IF NECESSARY. TOTALS ARE NEEDED ONLY ON THE LAST PAGE.
Please contact Susan Kusz at 651-539-2271 or your committee staff person if you have question about how to complete this form.
Mailing in your form
If you are unable to complete or sign in person or via electronic means please contact Susan Kusz. Do not mail your form to the address on it. Please mail your form to Susan Kusz at the following address:
State Services for the Blind
2200 University Avenue West, Suite 240
St. Paul, MN 55114-1840
Attn: Susan Kusz
**Do not send to address on form.