Veterans Employment Representatives
Eligible Veterans, no matter their era of service, receive priority services in all WorkForce Centers across the state and may be assisted by specially trained veterans employment representatives.
Veterans employment representatives can help veterans that have significant challenges finding or keeping a job or have a service-connected disability. They work one-on-one with veterans to provide services custom-tailored to meet individual needs.
Services typically include such things as:
- Help with developing or polishing resumes and cover letters
- General job search guidance
- Information on licensure, certification and apprenticeships
- Explaining employment benefits, rights and preferences for veterans
- Direct referrals to job openings
- Referrals to other state and federal agencies for additional services