Plant Us Top of Mind
Making a move? Consider Minnesota.
It's a family-friendly, affordable place to live. Our diverse business sectors and many Fortune 500s make it easier for dual-career couples to find satisfying jobs. Our education system and quality of life are among the best in the nation. We're ranked:
- #1 Best State to Raise a Family
- #1 Best State for Health Care
- #1 Safest State
- Highest Median Family Salary when Adjusted for Cost of Living
- Fortune 500s per capita:
- #1 – Minneapolis-St. Paul (among top 30 metros)
- #4 – Minnesota
- Top 3 in Quality of Life
Sources: Most recent data available as of January 2020; WalletHub, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC.
Quality of life
It means different things to different people – but among the many things that make this a special place to live are:
- Vibrant communities of all sizes statewide that offer career and entrepreneurship opportunities
- Four distinct seasons with plenty of year-round outdoor recreational activities
- Professional sports teams including baseball, football, basketball, hockey, and soccer
- Cultural offerings that include renowned theater, music, museums, and other entertainment
- Well over 10,000 lakes and more shoreline than California, Florida and Hawaii combined
The metro area has:
- A culinary scene that prompted the Wall Street Journal to name Minneapolis as one of the 10 hottest travel destinations in the world (2018)
- 4th shortest commute time among the 30 largest metro areas in the country
- Two of the three top park systems in the U.S. (Trust for Public Land ParkScore Index)
Plant Minnesota top of mind as you think about your next move.