Scenic beauty and recreational opportunities are always nearby. Minnesota has an abundance of lakes, rivers and forests – and has the parks, trails, camping sites and public access ramps to enjoy them. No matter the temperature, one thing holds true: the people of our state will be "out 'n about" and actively enjoying the beautiful place we call home. Just imagine:
- Minneapolis and St. Paul are among the 3 Best Park System in U.S for the past three years (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Nearly 12,000 lakes
- More shoreline than California, Florida and Hawaii combined
- More than 500 golf courses
- 75 state parks and recreation areas
- Over 1,300 miles of state trails
- Camping, boating, skiing, water-skiing, canoeing, kayaking and more
- Nearly 8 million people visit our state parks every year.
- The world’s largest freshwater lake by surface area – Lake Superior.