Work hard, innovate harder
Minnesota’s booming economy has created a windfall of diverse, well-paying jobs with nearly every major industry represented. And why we have thriving emerging clusters in areas such as Fintech, Internet of Things and water technology.
Minnesota is home to renowned companies in the Fortune 500 list, including General Mills, U.S. Bancorp, Best Buy and 3M. The largest private company in the country – Cargill – is headquartered here in Minnesota.
Minnesota's business environment and workforce have garnered these recent national rankings:
- A top 10 state for business 10 times (CNBC, 2007-2018); 1st and 3rd (CNBC, 2015, 2017)
- Best State for Women (WalletHub, 2019)
- 2nd Best State for Jobs (Zippia, 2019)
- 3rd in Life Expectancy (WalletHub, 2019)
- 3rd in Startup Early Survival Rate (Kauffman Indicators of Entrepreneurship, 2019)
- 4th Best State for Millennials (WalletHub, 2019)
- 4th in Labor Force Participation Rate (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2019)
- 4th in 5-Year Business Survival Rate (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2014-2019)
- 4th Best Run State (24/7 Wall Street, 2019)
- 4th in Fortune 500 Companies Per Capita (Fortune, 2019)
- 7th in Technology and Innovation (CNBC, 2019)
- 7th Healthiest State (UnitedHealth Foundation, 2019)
We invite you to join us here in the North. You’ll find plenty of opportunity.