Education & Apprenticeships
Minnesota is known for its great educational system. We rank 1st in the country for the percentage of the population with high school degrees and 10th in bachelor’s degrees or above.
Minnesota postsecondary institutions confer over 105,000 degrees at the undergraduate and graduate level each year:
- Bachelor’s degrees are the most common award conferred with nearly 40,300 awards in all fields.
- Awards in health science programs are the most common across all degree levels; they comprise nearly one-quarter percent of all awards.
- Health professions and related programs awarded nearly 24,600 degrees at all levels, the largest of which was master’s with nearly 7,170 degrees.
- Business, management, marketing and related support services awarded nearly 15,770 degrees. Bachelor’s was the largest, with more than 7,550 degrees.
- More than 17,500 students graduate from the University of Minnesota (U of M) in all fields and levels. The U of M confers more than 11,650 bachelor’s degrees.
- Minnesota colleges and universities award the largest number of degrees in the state, nearly 40,100 at all levels. Associate degrees receive the largest number of awards (15,722).
Source: Minnesota Office of Higher Education.