Logistics and Distribution
Supply chain is critical to smooth business operations. From transportation and warehousing to logistics and distribution, Minnesota has companies that can help – as well as companies that prove what a good place Minnesota is to locate these types of businesses.
- Minnesota employs 105,670 people in transportation and warehousing industries.
- Jobs in transportation and warehousing have increased 25 percent since 2010, according to EMSI.
- The state has 133,250 people working in wholesale trade, a five percent increased since 2010. This industry ranks 13th nationwide in employment.
- Minnesota based C.H. Robinson started as a small wholesale brokerage house in the early 1900s and is now a Fortune 500 worldwide provider of multimodal transportation services, third-party logistics and supply chain optimization.
- Another Minnesota company - Digi-Key Electronics - has grown from a small distributor of ham radio parts into one of the biggest distributors of electronic components in the world. The company has an annual revenue of $3 billion in and more than 4,000 employees. On average, Digi-Key ships nearly 15,000 orders per day.
Contact us to find out more about logistics and distribution in Minnesota.