Quality of Life
People sometimes hesitate to move to Minnesota -- but once they do, they tend to stay. It’s a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family. From natural resources and recreational opportunities to a robust job market, affordable cost of living and high quality health care – Minnesota tops many livability rankings.
Recent Quality of Life Rankings
- 1st Best State for Women (WalletHub, 2017)
- 1st Best State for Working Dads (WalletHub, 2016)
- 1st for Affordability and Quality of Health Care (WalletHub, 2016)
- 2nd in Quality of Life (Forbes, 2016)
- 2nd in Opportunity (U.S. News & World Report, 2017)
- 2nd Best State for Working Moms (WalletHub, 2017)
- 3rd in Quality of Life (CNBC, 2017)
- 4th in America’s Best States to Live In (24/7 Wall Street, 2016)
- 4th Best State to Raise a Family (WalletHub, 2017)
- 6th Best State for Jobs (WalletHub, 2017)
- 7th in Camelot Index (Federal Funds Information for States, 2017)
Here is comparison data about quality of life in Minnesota.
See Locating in Minnesota for details on Minnesota’s business climate; companies; major industries and sectors; comparisons to other states; incentives; regional profiles and more.
Our For Business section will connect you to resources for starting and financing a business, finding workers and export and trade assistance.
Contact Us for help with your business startup, relocation, or expansion needs.