Standout educational attainment rates help give Minnesota a workforce advantage. Minnesota has top-notch research institutions and a robust system of universities and community, technical and comprehensive colleges across the state.
Recent Education Rankings
- 2nd in Education (CNBC, 2015 through 2017)
- 2nd Smartest State (Washington Post, 2015)
- 3rd in Educational Attainment (U.S. News & World Report, 2017)
- 3rd in Percentage of Population with High School Degrees (U.S. Census Bureau, 2016)
- 8th in Research Expenditures by the University of Minnesota among Public Universities (National Science Foundation survey, 2016)
See this Education section for more on Minnesota’s K-12 education, higher education, business and industry partnerships and more. Compare Minnesota to other states in educational attainment.
Our Training Grant Programs work strategically with businesses and educational institutions to train and retrain workers and expand educational opportunities.
See Locating in Minnesota for details on Minnesota’s business climate; companies; major industries and sectors; comparisons to other states; incentives; regional profiles and more.
Our For Business section will connect you to resources for starting and financing a business, finding workers and export and trade assistance.
Contact Us for help with your business startup, relocation, or expansion needs.