Work with an Employment Specialist
Our Employment Specialists are experts in disability employment and can provide resources and strategic alliances to your business to tap the talent pool of people who have disabilities. They can help you streamline the process of finding, recruiting and hiring workers with disabilities.
Services are offered at no cost to businesses and include:
- Recruitment - Pre-screened and qualified candidates based on company needs
- Financial Incentives - Cost reimbursements for new employees, tax credits and more.
- Education and Training - A variety of disability topics, strategies for recruitment and retention and more.
- Consultation - Technical assistance with employment and disability-related questions
- Job Coaching - To help ensure successful employment, including skill development
- Accessibility - Identifying job accommodations, job restructuring, worksite modifications, or barriers.
- Follow-Up - Periodic post-hire check-ins from employment specialists
Tips for Working with an Employment Specialist
In order for our employment specialists to help you recruit the best possible candidates in a timely and effective way, they'll need some detailed information when they come to visit. Here are some tips for getting the most from your meeting:
- Show the specialist the work environment for the job.
- Describe the relationship of the job to your business goals.
- Describe in detail the essential job functions. Be open to alternative ways of getting the job done.
- Describe your vision of the ideal candidate in terms of essential job skills, soft skills and other factors (promptness, conscientious, etc.) that are important to you.
- Disclose difficulties you've had with the job in the past, if any.
Contact an Employment Specialist in Your Region
Twin Cities Metro Area
Statewide Deaf and Hard of Hearing
State Services for the Blind