You qualify for the Telephone Equipment Distribution Program if you:
- Live in Minnesota.
- Have a hearing loss, speech or physical disability that limits your use of a standard phone.
- Have a landline or wireless phone service, or have applied for phone service.
- Have family income within the following guidelines (effective October 1, 2022 – September 30, 2023)
||Income less than:
If there are more than four people in your home, please contact us for income guidelines.
How to apply
- Fill out an application:
- Make copies of required documents (see page 2 of the program brochure for details):
- Certification of disability form (in the application).
- The first page of your tax return or bank statement showing direct deposits.
- Your driver's license or state identification card.
- Your phone bill.
- Send your completed application and document copies to the TED Program by mail, email or fax.
- Mail: MN TED Program, 444 Lafayette Rd. N., St. Paul, MN 55155-3814
- Email attachment: email@example.com
- Fax: 651-431-7587
A TED specialist will review your application. They will contact you to discuss your needs and what device(s) can improve your access to the phone. If you do not qualify, they will help you find other resources.
If you need printed copies of the brochure or application or information in another format, please contact us.