To be eligible for the Telephone Equipment Distribution Program you must:
- Live in Minnesota
- Have a hearing loss, speech or physical disability that limits your use of a standard phone
- Have a landline or wireless phone service, or have applied for phone service
- Have family income within the guidelines below (effective October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2021)
||Income less than:
If more than four family members live in your home, contact us for income guidelines.
How to apply
- Complete an application:
- Submit the application with required documentation. Required documentation:
- Certification of disability
- Household income
- Proof of Minnesota residency
- Proof of phone service
A TED specialist will review your application and determine if you are eligible. The specialist will contact you to discuss your needs and what device(s) can improve your access to the phone.
To request a printed copy of the form, or to receive the form in another accessible format, Contact us.