skip to content
back to top
Public Places Accessibility
- Won passage of requirements for good acoustics and hearing loops in state-funded construction.
- Won passage of a requirement for closed captioning to be activated in hospital waiting rooms and surgical centers.
- Initiated a closed captioning campaign to convince restaurants, bars and other businesses with TVs for the public to pledge to keep the closed captioning activated at all times.
- Won passage of the elimination of the requirement for service animal owners to carry papers proving their dogs graduated from a recognized training program.
- Won passage of the captioning bill, which gives $600,000 per year for real-time captioning for live news programming in Duluth, Mankato, Rochester, Alexandria, and TPT's Almanac.