Lobby Tuesday/Thursday is Back! Learn how to meet your legislator, prepare for meetings, and have responses for answers of yes, maybe, and no!
- Sign up and Register to learn the Art of Lobbying in five important steps!
- Meet our trained Civic Engagement specialists who will lead you through a short presentation and then work with you as you practice the five steps.
- Fun and interactive, you will leave the session with new engagement tools.
What is Lobby Tuesday/Thursday?
Lobby Tuesday/Thursday is a customized training, usually 1:1 or in small groups. You will learn how to meet your legislator and advocate for issues that are important to you. Most of these trainings take place on Tuesday or Thursday but we offer additional days as well.
Why should I participate if I am already going to Deaf, DeafBlind & Hard of Hearing Lobby Day?
This is your chance to learn more about the legislative process, meet legislators, and explain how their decisions impact your community. If you are not sure how to do it, don’t worry! Part of Lobby Tuesday/Thursday is to train you on how to meet legislators and talk about important issues. This is also your opportunity to explain why the bills that MNCDHH is pursuing or supporting is important to you.
What will I do at Lobby Tuesday/Thursday?
Log into your computer and participate! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Lobby Tuesday/Thursday will take place online instead of in-person this year.
Where do I sign up?
Here you go!
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021 from 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Thursday, January 14, 2021 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Saturday, January 16, 2021 from 10:30 AM - 12 PM
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021 from 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Saturday, January 23, 2021 from 10:30 AM - 12 PM
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Saturday, January 30, 2021 from 10:30 AM - 12 PM
- Saturday, February 13, 2021 from 10:30 AM - 12 PM, includes Parts 1, 2, and 3
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021 from 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM, primarily covers Parts 2 and 3
- Thursday, February 18, 2021 from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM, primarily covers Parts 2 and 3
- Saturday, February 20, 2021 from 10:30 AM - 12 PM, primarily covers Parts 2 and 3
Choose the date that works best for you!
More Lobby Tuesday/Thursday trainings will be offered in February and March.
Workshops will be presented in American Sign Language (ASL) with closed captions and English voicing. For additional accommodations, please email email@example.com at least 2 business days in advance.
If you have any questions, please email Jessalyn at the above address.
Workshops will be presented in American Sign Language (ASL) with closed captions and English voicing. For additional accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 business days in advance. For any other questions, please contact Jessalyn.
- MN Deaf Queers Lobbying Event on Sunday, January 17, 2021 from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Deaf Equity Lobbying Event on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- St Paul & Minneapolis Black Deaf Advocates Event on Saturday, February 13, 2021 from 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- Teachers with DHH Licensure on Thursday, February 25, 2021 from 3:30 - 4:30 PM
- DeafBlind Community Lobbying Event on Monday, March 1, 2021 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Minnesota Hands & Voices Lobby Training on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 from 5:45 PM - 6:45 PM - Attend MNH&V 1st Training (Meeting ID: 847 2883 4256, Passcode: LOBBY)
- Minnesota Hands & Voices Lobby Training on Thursday, March 4, 2021 from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Attend MNH&V 2nd Training (Meeting ID: 875-6764-3324, Passcode: Lobby)