Lobby Tuesday/Thursday is Back! Learn how to meet your legislator, prepare for meetings, and have responses for answers of yes, maybe, and no!
- Sign up and Register to learn the Art of Lobbying in five important steps!
- Meet our trained Civic Engagement specialists who will lead you through a short presentation and then work with you as you practice the five steps.
- Fun and interactive, you will leave the session with new engagement tools.
What is Lobby Tuesday/Thursday?
Lobby Tuesday/Thursday is a customized training, usually 1:1 or in small groups. You will learn how to meet your legislator and advocate for issues that are important to you. Most of these trainings take place on Tuesday or Thursday but we offer additional days as well.
Why should I participate if I am already going to Deaf, DeafBlind & Hard of Hearing Lobby Day?
This is your chance to learn more about the legislative process, meet legislators, and explain how their decisions impact your community. If you are not sure how to do it, don’t worry! Part of Lobby Tuesday/Thursday is to train you on how to meet legislators and talk about important issues. This is also your opportunity to explain why the bills that MNCDHH is pursuing or supporting is important to you.
What will I do at Lobby Tuesday/Thursday?
Log into your computer and participate! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Lobby Tuesday/Thursday will take place online instead of in-person this year.
Where do I sign up?
Here you go!
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021 from 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM - Register for January 12th
- Thursday, January 14, 2021 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Register for January 14th
- Saturday, January 16, 2021 from 10:30 AM - 12 PM - Register for January 16th
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021 from 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM - Register for January 19th
- Saturday, January 23, 2021 from 10:30 AM - 12 PM - Register for January 23rd
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Register for January 28th
- Saturday, January 30, 2021 from 10:30 AM - 12 PM - Register for January 30th
Choose the date that works best for you!
More Lobby Tuesday/Thursday trainings will be offered in February and March.
Workshops will be presented in American Sign Language (ASL) with closed captions and English voicing. For additional accommodations, please email email@example.com at least 2 business days in advance.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.