Scholarship Information for Parents
Scholarships are available for parents of children who are deaf, deafblind, or hard of hearing. Here is more information about the scholarship program.
1. What is included in the parent scholarship?
The parent scholarship includes two nights’ stay in a single occupancy room, one admission to the conference sessions and meals for Thursday: Dessert Reception, Friday: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner; Saturday: Breakfast.
2. Can I bring my children?
No. There will not be child care available. Our district administrators are using their budget dollars to send professionals to this conference to learn. We need to be conscious of distractions to their learning opportunities.
3. As a parent receiving a scholarship can I receive professional development clock hours?
No, as a recipient of the parent scholarship you will not be allowed to receive professional development clock hours. You are encouraged to register as a professional if you would like to earn professional clock hours.
4. Are accommodations provided at the conference?
Yes, American Sign Language interpreters and CART will be available. ASL interpreters will be in all sessions – CART will be provided as requested in advance. Spoken language interpreters provided upon request.
5. Is there anything special planned just for parents?
Yes, Saturday morning you'll be encouraged to join MN Hands & Voices parent guides for a discussion session over breakfast.
6. Are there sessions that are just for parents?
Parents are welcome to attend any sessions that they would like. The only separate session is the Saturday morning breakfast discussion.
7. What is NOT included in the parent scholarship?
- Transportation to and from Breezy Point
- Room Service and incidentals (movies, gift shop charges, etc)
- Additional hotel nights - beyond the program dates.
- Food and beverage (beyond one parent scholarship recipient)
8. More questions?
Send additional questions to Laura Godfrey at LauraG@lifetrack-mn.org.
9. How do I apply for a scholarship?
To apply for a scholarship, email Liza@eventivemeetings.com. Please note that when you submit your application, there will be a one-time $25 fee.
10. Are there any special activities planned for parents?
Yes, see the schedule below.
- Thursday night: Regional meetings with all the teachers, DHHS staff, MN H & V parent guides, parents, etc. to talk about resources, initiatives and events taking place within the different regions of the state.
- Friday: Parents are welcome to attend every session on the schedule.
- Saturday morning: A recap of the conference over breakfast with MN H & V staff and the parents. We have a separate breakfast area in the dining room set aside for this parent discussion group.