Executive Director Search
Welcome! The Minnesota Commission of the Deaf, DeafBlind & Hard of Hearing Minnesotans has been lucky to benefit from Executive Director Mary Hartnett's leadership. After almost 20 years, she is moving on to a new adventure and MNCDHH will need a new leader at its helm. Announcements about the job posting and hiring process will be shared here.
- Anne Barlow - Minnesota Hands & Voices
- John Fechter - Minnesota Association of Deaf Citizens (MADC) representative
- Mike Higgins - Hearing Loss Association of America - Twin Cities Chapter representative
- Lindsey Moon - Minnesota DeafBlind Association (MDBA)
- Peggy Nelson - MNCDHH board member (Vice Chair, At-Large)
- Valerie Shirley - Minnesota Deaf Muslim Community (MDMC)
- Jamie Taylor - MNCDHH board member (At-Large)
- Rebecca Thomas - MNCDHH board member (At-Large)
- Kim Wassenaar - St. Paul/Minneapolis Black Deaf Advocates
Facilitated by Barb Deming and Erica Klein, both Senior Management Consultants with Minnesota Management and Budget, Management Analysis and Development. Anne Sittner Anderson is the staff liaison.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the Search Committee.
The interview committee members will be a small pool of individuals selected from the Search Committee. They will be selected and announced at a later date.
Transparency and Confidentiality
During any job interview process, some information can be transparent and some things are confidential. Here is a list of what we can and cannot share.
- Names of search committee members
- What the search committee members are doing in general
- Names of interview team members
- Any public interview process such as a community forum
- Information about candidates who have become finalists for the job position (after their current employer has been notified)
- Candidate information is confidential until finalists are chosen
- The search committee will not share information about the hiring and selection process that can give one candidate an advantage over another. All candidates will have the opportunity to receive the same information at the same time.
Now Posted! Listing for MNCDHH's New Executive Director
June 18, 2019 - Please share far and wide. We are doing a national search to find the right person for this important leadership position. The deadline to apply is July 22, 2019.
The Search for MNCDHH's New Executive Director
June 6, 2019 - Special Message from the Executive Director Search Committee. Summary of survey results, what the committee has done so far, and our expected timeline.
Reminder: Participate in New Executive Director Qualities Survey
May 20, 2019 - Which qualities are important in the next MNCDHH Executive Director?
New Executive Director Qualities
April 23, 2019 - Please participate in this important survey for the Executive Director Search Committee.