After July 1 email reminders are sent to individuals scheduled to renew by August 31. You cannot renew the license before July 1. If you do not receive an email see the instructions below. Renewals are performed online at Pulse Portal.
When you apply to renew your license, the PULSE system will verify that you have completed your required continuing education (CE). If you have not yet completed your CE, do so no later than August 15 or you run the risk of not being able to renew your license by the deadline.
- Do not use your browser’s “Back” button at any point in the process. Your progress will be lost and you will need to start from the beginning.
- From the “Choose a state to begin” drop-down menu, select “Minnesota.”
- From the “Choose a board to continue” drop-down menu, select “Appraiser.”
- Under “License Renewals,” click on “Renew An Existing License.” This will call up the “Search License Renewal” screen.
- Click the “Individual” radio button.
- Enter your Last Name, License Number, and Social Security Number and click the “Next” button.
Continuing education (CE) is required before you can renew your license.
Resident appraisers can review their CE transcript on www.pulseportal.com. Find General CE requirements.
Contact the course provider if your transcript does not indicate your CE completion.
Ensure the student roster for your course is uploaded before your license is renewed.
- If you have completed your required continuing education (CE) and all of the required hours have been entered into the system, the “Attestation” screen will appear. Click the “I Agree” button.
- The renewed license summary will appear. Click the “Continue” button.
- The “Contact Information” screen will appear. Make any necessary additions or changes, click the “Save” button, then click the “Continue” button.
- The Credit Card Information screen will appear. Enter all requested information. (Note: If your mailing address is in the United States, you do not need to enter anything in the “Country” field.) Click the “Continue” button.
- Verify your information on the next screen. If something needs to be added or corrected, click the “Change My Request” button. If everything is correct, click the “Renew My License” button.
- The confirmation page will appear. Please write down the Confirmation ID number and print the page for your records.Note: If you do not print and click the “Close” button, a dialog box will appear asking you to print the page for your records. Clicking the “OK” button in this box will take you to the Home page.
- After you have submitted your renewal application on Pulse Portal, e-mail copies of your continuing education course completion certificates to the Department of Commerce. Please do not send multiple e-mails. Your renewal request will remain pending until your CE course completion certificates have been reviewed.
- To print your license, go to the Home page. From the “Choose a state to begin” drop-down menu, select “Minnesota.” From the “Choose a board to continue” drop-down menu, select “Appraiser.” Under “Print Licenses/Documents,” click “Print Your License.”