We represent consumer interests in all aspects of the regulatory process to ensure that reliable telecommunications services are provided to all at reasonable rates.
We do the following:
- Educate consumers on how to get the most from their phone service
- Educate companies on how to comply with state and federal laws
- Provide information about service providers and low-income discount programs
- Administer critical programs such as the Telecommunications Access Minnesota program serving deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind and speech disabled Minnesotans.
- Enforce regulations and advocate for consumers
- Investigate and resolve telecommunications issues and complaints
- Represent the public interest on issues addressed by the Public Utilities Commission
- Provide decision makers with policy alternatives and industry updates
- Support statewide access to telecommunications services at fair and reasonable rates
- Promote the expansion of broadband access in Minnesota
Do Not Call: Telemarketer Information
The Federal Do Not Call law was implemented in response to consumers' concerns regarding unwanted telemarketing calls. The National Do Not Call Registry is under the joint jurisdiction of the Federal Communications Commission and the Federal Trade Commission.
Telemarketers and sellers are required to search the registry at least once every 31 days and remove all registered phone numbers from their call lists. Sellers and telemarketers may subscribe to the National Do Not Call Registry to ensure they are complying with the law.
To learn more about who is NOT covered by the National Do Not Call Registry, and other important information, review the registry’s Frequently Asked Questions.