To become eligible as a certified solar PV manufacturer for the Made in Minnesota Solar Incentive Program, you will need to make an Application for Certification. Minnesota PV module manufacturers must use the PV Module Certification Application (.pdf) form to apply for certification.
Made in Minnesota Certification
“Made in Minnesota” means the manufacture of solar photovoltaic (PV) modules:
- At a manufacturing facility located in Minnesota that is registered and authorized to manufacture and apply the UL 1703 certification mark to solar PV modules by Underwriters Laboratory (UL), CSA International, Intertek, or the an equivalent UL-approved independent certification agency;
- That earn UL 170 certification marks from UL, CSA International, Intertek or an equivalent UL approved independent certification agency, which must be physically applied to the modules at a manufacturing facility in clause (1); and
- That are manufactured in Minnesota:
- by manufacturing processes that must include tabbing, stringing, and lamination; or
- by interconnecting low-voltage direct current PV elements that produce the final useful PV output of the modules.
A solar PV module that is manufactured by attaching micro inverters, direct current optimizers, or other power electronics to a laminate or solar PV module that has received UL 1703 certification marks outside Minnesota from US, CSA International, Intertek or an equivalent certification agency is not “Made in Minnesota” under this paragraph.
Solar thermal manufacturer
To become eligible as a certified Solar Thermal Manufacturer for the Made in Minnesota Incentive program, you will need to make an Application for Certification. Minnesota solar thermal collector manufacturers may use the Solar Thermal Collector Certification Application (.pdf) form to apply for Made in Minnesota solar program certification.
Solar thermal system
A solar thermal system is “Made in Minnesota” if components of the system are manufactured in Minnesota and the solar thermal system is certified by the solar rating and certification corporation.