Minnesota Clean Energy Community Awards
The Clean Energy Community Awards are an acknowledgment of the work done by Minnesota communities to further the state’s clean energy goals by implementing programs, policies, and technologies that encourage energy efficiency, conservation, and renewable energy generation.
The awards program is sponsored by the Minnesota Commerce Department.
Seven Minnesota communities received 2018 Clean Energy Community Awards at the Community Driven Clean Energy Conference on March 28 at the St. Cloud River’s Edge Convention Center.
Minnesota’s Clean Energy Goals
Minnesota has a number of clean energy goals, including:
- Minnesota Next Generation Energy Act
- Renewable Electricity Standard
- Solar Electricity Standard
- Petroleum Replacement Goal
- Biofuel and Biodiesel Content Mandates