State Government Resources
Beyond the Governor's office, there are many state resources to help you during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Minnesota Department of Health (MDH): Visit MDH's COVID-19 resource page for the latest situation updates, background information, details about symptoms and testing, and tips on daily life and coping.
- News Releases: Official news releases from MDH.
- Materials and Resources: Video PSAs, print materials, and translated documents to help deliver key messages and aid in responding to COVID-19.
- Health questions: 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903, 7 days a week, 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
- Schools and child care questions: 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504, 7 days a week, 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED): DEED is working closely with the U.S. Department of Labor, the Walz-Flanagan Administration, and the Minnesota Legislature to take proactive steps to ensure the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic do not cause unnecessary burdens on employers and workers in Minnesota.
- Unemployment Insurance (UI): The Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program is administered by DEED. Click the link to begin the UI application process.
Minnesota Department of Education (MDE): Governor Tim Walz and Education Commissioner Mary Cathryn Ricker are working closely together to determine the best path for Minnesota public schools and distance learning.
Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS): Governor Tim Walz granted DHS emergency temporary authority to change administrative and regulatory requirements for food assistance, home care, public health care, and other state programs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. DHS works with other state agencies and the federal government to ensure services continue through the duration of the pandemic. Click the link to learn more about program modifications and temporary waivers.
Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
: Stay up-to-date on news from DVA regarding COVID-19 grants, budget topics, and national awards.