skip to content
Primary navigation


Application for Licensure (Previously Licensed)
If you have held a license in another state, please visit the Previously Licensed page for more information.

Application for Licensure (New Graduates)
If you are a recent graduate or have never held a license in another state, please visit the New Graduates page for more information.

DEA License
Apply for a DEA license through the U.S. Department of Justice

Equine Teeth Floating
The page provides information regarding requirements for Equine Teeth Floaters in the state of Minnesota (Minnesota Statutes 156.075). There is also a list of Board Registered Equine Teeth Floaters in Minnesota, along with information regarding programs that provide certification for Teeth Floating.

The fee schedule for the Board of Veterinary Medicine

Foreign Graduate Information
Foreign graduates have special requirements to obtain a license in Minnesota, including certification through ECFVG or PAVE. Both of these programs are accepted for licensure in Minnesota. Please visit the page for specifics regarding the application process.

License Renewal
Even-numbered licenses renew on March 1 of even years and odd-numbered licenses renew on March 1 of odd years. You can renew your license online or through a paper application. You need to have 40 hours of continuing education in order to renew your license. Please view the continuing education page for more information.

License Verification (Letter of Good Standing)
License verification to other states can be processed online or through a written request. The fee for license verification to another board if $25.

NAVLE Information
Find out information about the NAVLE, along with current deadlines and fees.

Professional Firms
Every professional veterinary firm that provides services of a licensed professional needs to be registered with the Board. Registration is first done through the Secretary of State. Once you have a copy of the organizational documents from the S.o.S., you can file for registration through the Board.

Reactivate Inactive License
If your license is currently in inactive status and you would like to go to active licensure, please visit the page for more information. If your license is suspended for nonpayment, please contact the Board directly for information.

Replacement or Duplicate License
If your license is lost or damaged, you can send a request for a replacement license. Please send the original document to the Board if it is damaged. If you need a new license due to name change, please send legal documentation (marriage certificate, driver’s license, etc.) along with your request.

U of M Veterinary Medical Center
All clinicians practicing in the U of M VMC are required to be licensed by the Board. Find more information regarding licensure types and necessary information for licensure on our page.

Veterinary Technicians
Vet techs are currently not licensed through the Board. Please contact the MVMA for information on technician certification.

back to top