skip to content
Primary navigation

Name Address Changes

Contact information Change: Please remember to notify the Board in writing, within 30 days, of any changes to your 1) legal name, 2) address changes, including home, mailing, and employment, and 3) telephone and email address.

Changes can be submitted online, by US mail, or by emailing Minnesota Board of Social Work

Public Mailing Address: Correspondence will be mailed to your designated mailing address, which is public data. If you designate a home address different from the public mailing address, the home address is not public data.

Legal or Professional Name Change: You may practice under a professional name that may be different from your legal name provided you inform the Board in writing of both the professional and legal name. Within 30 days of a legal name change, you must submit legal verification of the name change. Within 30 days of a professional name change, you must submit a notarized statement attesting to the professional name change. You must request a new license wall certificate and pay the $30 new certificate fee, as required. Complete and submit the Name Change Form to the Board office.

Duplicate License Card or License Wall Certificate: A duplicate license card can be provided with a written request and $10 replacement fee. A duplicate license wall certificate can be provided with a written request and $30 replacement fee.

back to top