An applicant for licensure by endorsement for the LSW, LGSW, LISW, or LICSW must:
- Hold a current license or credential to practice social work in another jurisdiction.
- Have obtained a bachelors or graduate degree in social work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or the Canadian Association of Schools of Social Work.
- Obtained a passing score on the applicable level Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) national licensing examination (applicants are not required to re-take the ASWB examination if can confirm a passing score from ASWB).
- Must authorize a Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension Background check and not have engaged in conduct that would be in violation of the Boards standards of ethical practice.
- Comply with supervised practice as required by the Board.
- LISW applicants are not required to demonstrate 100 hours of supervision as specified in section 148E.110, subdivision 1, provided that the applicant has engaged in authorized social work practice for a minimum of 4,000 hours in another jurisdiction.
- LICSW applicants are not required to document the 360 clinical clock hours specified in MS 148E.055, subd 5, and are not required to demonstrate 200 hours of supervision specified in section 148E.115, subdivision 1, provided that the applicant has engaged in authorized clinical social work practice for a minimum of 4,000 hours in another jurisdiction.
Complete Details: Licensure by Endorsement MS 148E.055, subd 7
Apply For a License