Two of the requirements for licensure as an Licensed Psychologist (LP) are passing the national Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP) and the Minnesota Professional Responsibility Exam (PRE).
The EPPP tests your knowledge in the field of psychology. The exam is administered through Pearson Vue Testing Services.
The PRE tests your knowledge of the Psychology Practice Act Rules of Conduct. Links to the rules and statutes contained in the Practice Act may be found on this page
The exam is administered through the Board’s online services website. As of January 2, 2020, the PRE is an at-home exam. Applicants may register for the exam by completing the registration through the Board’s online services as part of the licensure application. There is only one fee to be satisfied to the Board for registering for the exam.
Once an applicant is admitted by the Board to take the PRE, instructions from the Board will be sent by email to the applicant.
How to apply for the EPPP and the PRE
If you have not created an online account for the e-licensing system, follow these steps:
1. Click Apply Online below.
2. A new window will open. Click the Register Here button located in the lower right area of the portal page.
3. Complete the form on the screen under Create your account.
4. Once you enter all the information click the Create Account button.
5. Click Save.
6. Log in using your email address and password associated with your newly created account.
Follow these steps only if you have previously submitted a paper application and this is your first time submitting an online application:
After completing steps 1 through 6 above:
7. Click the Claim My Licenses link. This will associate your account with your existing application, you only need to do this once. You will need to know your application number, contact us to obtain your number.
8. Enter the required information in order to search your application.
9. Select application(s) to claim and click Claim.
10. Click Finish.
11. You will be back to the Dashboard screen. To apply for your exam select the desired option within the Actions drop-down menu.