skip to content
Primary navigation


  • Foreign educated applicants must apply with a paper application.

  • Applicants who were previously licensed in Minnesota must apply with a paper application.


If you are a Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant, and you have undergone a legal name change via marriage, divorce or otherwise, please be advised that in order for the Board to change the name in which your P.T. or P.T.A. license is issued, you are REQUIRED to submit one of the following:
1) a certified marriage certificate specifying the name change following marriage;
2) a certified divorce or dissolution of marriage decree specifying the name change, or;
3) other certified court order specifying the name change.
Please do not submit foreign marriage certificates that do not reflect your name change following marriage, as the Board is unable to accept them for purposes of changing your name on your license.
back to top