CE Course Approval
This applies to those individuals and organizations seeking Minnesota Board of Physical Therapy approval for continuing education courses. All fees are non-refundable.
A complete application file consists of the following items:
- Completed application form;
- $100.00 fee for each course (payable via check);
- Detailed course content and program brochure;
- A time schedule, i.e. start time, breaks, labs, etc.;
- A list of speakers and their credentials (academic and/or clinical qualifications to teach the content);
- In addition to the above, home study and internet based course applications must also include all course materials including; study guides, post test, and instructional materials and reference lists.
- Home study and internet based courses will be reviewed by the Continuing Education Committee on the following dates: January 10, March 7, May 16, August 15, September 15 and November 17, 2019 (Please submit the complete file to our office at least 21 days before the start of the classroom course to allow sufficient time to complete the continuing education review process).
MN RULE 5601.2500 CREDIT STANDARDS
A. The educational activities must have significant intellectual or practical content dealing primarily with matters directly related to the practice of physical therapy or to the professional responsibility or ethical obligations of the participants.
B. Each person making a presentation shall be qualified by practical or academic experience to teach the subject the person covers.
C. Participants shall attend educational activities in a classroom or other setting suitable for the activity. Video, motion picture, or sound presentations may be used.
D. One hour of credit shall be given for each 60 minutes actually spent on educational activities.
E. Credit shall not be given for entertainment or recreational activities or programs, employment orientation sessions, holding an office or serving as an organizational delegate, individual self-directed study programs, management seminars not directly concerning physical therapy operations, meetings for the purpose of making policy, or noneducational association meetings.
CE Approval Application and Instructions