Medical Gas Distributor
Medical Gas Renewals are due June 1, 2020 for the delayed 2019-2020 cycle. Currently the renewal process is not an online process. All renewal applications must be completed and mailed or delivered to the Board. The address can be found on the application and website. Please note, a facility with a medical gas distributor registration can only dispense legend medical gas to patients by prescription.
The renewal fee is $260.00 if submitted before the expiration date of the registration. Renewal fee plus late fee is $390, if the registration fee has expired. All payments are non-refundable.
Mail the completed renewal form, documents, and payment to:
Minnesota Board of Pharmacy, 2829 University Ave. SE, Suite #530, Minneapolis, MN 55414-3251. Check should be payable to the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy. All payments are non-refundable.
Review all instructions carefully and submit the application, payment, and supporting documents together. The board will return incomplete applications and payment received without applications immediately.
Allow a minimum of 10 business days for the board to process a COMPLETED renewal application. Once processed, allow 7-10 business days for the new registration certificate to arrive at the facility location. All renewal applications received after the registration expires must submit the additional late fee.
Please carefully note the following:
- Renewal applications will be mailed out in April 2020 and payments will be due June 1, 2020.
- Note that we have delayed the 2019-2020 payment only. Future renewal payments will continue to be due every November 1.
- To clarify, the 2020-2021 renewal payment will be due November 1, 2020. Each year after that, your license renewal will be November 1 of each year.
Medical Gas Distributor Renewal Application
Application for a New Medical Gas Distributor Registration
Change of Ownership Form
A change of ownership requires a change of ownership application to be submitted to the Board 30 days prior to the effective date of the change. The application is available on the Board’s website. A new registration is not issued for the change and there is not a fee. The following are some examples of ownership changes that require you to report a change of ownership.
Registration Closure Form
- Sale to another individual;
- Incorporation (from sole owner to corporation, from partnership to corporation);
- Major stock change (if 20% or more of the stock changes hands since the incorporation);
- Sole owner to partnership;
- Change from limited liability corporation to corporation;
- The addition of one or more partners to a partnership; or
- One partner buying out the other partner.
Name Change Form
- Submit this form 14 days prior the date the facility closes or surrenders their registration to conduct business in the state of Minnesota.
- Name changes should be submitted 30 days prior to the change for facilities located in Minnesota. Non-resident facilities must report the name change of the facility on the notification form and include the license/registration issued by the home state regulatory agency showing the new facility name.
- A relocation application and required documents must be submitted to the Board 30 days prior the relocation date for facilities located in Minnesota. Non-resident facilities must apply for a new registration after your home state regulatory agency has issued a license/registration, showing the new address, and an inspection has been conducted of the new location. A new registration is issued upon approval, and a fee is charged.
Laws and Rules Regarding Medical Gas Distributors: