Auditing of Continuing Education
Note: the BOTP will be conducting audits on a percentage of continuing education reports based upon random selection. As a licensee, it is your responsibility to maintain documentation for two years after the last day of the biennial licensure period in which the contact hours were earned. (148.6443 Subd. 6 Auditing Continuing Education Reports).
Documentation required for the audit may include:
- A copy of the continuing education reporting form
- A description of the continuing education activity prepared by the presenter or sponsor
- Documentation of self-study programs by materials prepared by the presenter or sponsor
- Documentation of university, college, or vocational school courses by a course syllabus, bulletin listing, or equivalent.
- Verification of attendance by:
- Signature of the present or a designee
- Summary or outline of the content of the activity to verify participation if a designee is not available to sign
- Verification of a self-study program by a certificate of completion or other documentation
- Verification of attendance in a course through an official transcript
For further details about documentation see referenced Minnesota statute: 148.6443 Subd. 6 Auditing Continuing Education Reports.