This option is typically for new graduates recently awarded a bachelor's degree which meets the course requirements from a NAB or Minnesota accredited college.
To apply, complete the following steps
- Apply online with a credit or debit card
- Request a completed transcript sent directly from the college registrars office (provide a student copy if currently enrolled in program awaiting graduation). Courses completed more than seven years ago must be supplemented by recent work experience and/or continuing education in the subject area. Further documentation, if required, will be requested by the Board office.
- Submit a resume showing your employment history for the past ten years plus all employment (regardless of age) at any nursing facility. Include your practicum site and preceptor on your resume
- Complete the criminal background check through the CBC office
- All applicants must pass both the NAB and State Exams.
Acknowledgment of the receipt of your initial application with examination information will occur within 5 working days.
- The Board office communicates with applicants primarily by email
- We update applicants when new supporting documents are received
Links and FAQs
Apply for Licensure Online with a credit or debit card
Email BENHA to Request a Paper Application
FAQs About Licensure