Note: If your LMFT state licensure exam is scheduled, or will be scheduled, for January-February 2018, you should not renew your LAMFT license at this time. Passing the LMFT exam will result in issuance of your LMFT license & the cancellation of your LA license; at that time, the LA renewal fee cannot be prorated and/or applied to the LMFT license fee.
• Renew Online
using a Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card. You will be required to log in via the secure website with a Username and Password. Use the “Forgot Username/Password” link if you do not remember your log in credentials. Board staff do not have access to your password. All items are case sensitive.
• LAMFT Renewal Fee: $100.00 (includes $25.00 late fee).
• If you have never used the Board’s online system, click on “Register to Access Site.” This account will be used for all future online activity, so maintain a copy of your login information. You must use Google Chrome, a current version of Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 to insure proper operation of the online renewal system and processing of your online renewal payment.
• If you do not intend to renew your license, notify the Board in writing via US Mail or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• To avoid late fees, your renewal must be completed by midnight January 31, 2018. You are strongly encouraged to renew early online, allowing time for any technical difficulties which may occur. Renewals submitted after January 31, 2018 will automatically be charged the mandated $25.00 late fee. No exceptions.
• FAILURE TO RENEW: Renewals not completed online by February 28, 2018 will automatically result in license expiration.
• LAMFT license holders are not required to complete or report continuing education hours for purposes of license renewal. Disregard any reference to CE reporting dates that appear in the online system.
Pursuant to Minn. Rule 5300.0175, an LAMFT must practice at all times under the supervision of a Board-approved LMFT supervisor and must abide by all laws and rules governing the practice of marriage and family therapy. The LAMFT license must be renewed on a yearly basis for up to six (6) additional years after issuance.