Online renewal now Open for LAMFT licenses expiring on June 30, 2019
Renewal Fee: $75.00
• Renew Online. Log in with your User Name & Password and use a MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit card.
• If you have never used the Board’s online system, click on “Register to Access Site” (directly under the blue login tab). This account will be used for all future online activity, so maintain a copy of your login information.
• You must use Google Chrome, a current version of Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 to insure proper operation & processing of your online renewal. Please renew using a desktop or laptop computer; renewal on a tablet or mobile device is not recommended.
• If you do not intend to renew your license, notify the Board in writing via US Mail or email at email@example.com. It is presumed those not renewing the LAMFT license are no longer seeking LMFT licensure in Minnesota and are no longer engaged in the practice of marriage and family therapy. Accordingly, upon expiration of your LAMFT license, your application file with this Board will be administratively closed.
• $25.00 late fee: LAMFT licenses may be renewed from July 1 – July 31, 2019 with payment of an additional $25.00 late fee. To avoid the $25.00 late fee, your renewal must be completed online by midnight June 30, 2019. You are strongly encouraged to renew early online, allowing time for any technical difficulties that may occur. Password reset assistance is not available on weekends or after 4:30 on weekdays.
• Please Note: LAMFT license renewal card is mailed to the address you indicate as your “public address”. All other correspondence from the Board office is mailed to the address you indicate as your “mailing address.”
Pursuant to Minn. Rule 5300.0175, an LAMFT must practice at all times under the supervision of a Board-approved LMFT supervisor and must abide by all laws and rules governing the practice of marriage and family therapy. The LAMFT license must be renewed on a yearly basis for up to six (6) additional years after issuance.
The LMFT license renewal is now closed. For questions relating to license renewal or license reinstatement, please contact the Board office at (612) 617-2220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org