MN LMFT license renewal is open (licenses expiring December 31, 2017). Renewal Fee: $125.00
• Renew Online using a Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card. You will be required to log in via the secure website with a Username and Password. Use the “Forgot Username/Password” link if you do not remember your log in credentials. Board staff do not have access to your password. All items are case sensitive.
• If you have never used the Board’s online system, click on “Register to Access Site.” This account will be used for all future online activity, so maintain a copy of your login information. Use Google Chrome, a current version of Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 to insure proper operation & processing of your online renewal. Please update your browser for optimal website performance.
• LMFT licenses not renewed online by midnight December 31, 2017 will be assessed a $50.00 late fee (for renewals processed January 1 – January 31, 2018). You are strongly encouraged to renew early online, allowing time for any technical difficulties which may occur.
• If you do not intend to renew your license, you must notify the Board in writing via US Mail or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Absent such notice, the Board will terminate your license for non-renewal effective December 31, 2017.
Continuing Education: This is a continuing education reporting year. All LMFTs licensed prior to January 1, 2016 are required to have completed 30 hours of Board-approved continuing education and to have documentation of approval/completion available to provide to the Board upon request. If licensed after January 1, 2016, you must have completed a prorated number of Board-approved CE hours. To view CE proration chart, click here.
• Online renewal requires you to choose between two CE attestations:
(1) Affirming completion of all required CE hours, with Board-approval numbers and proper documentation; or
(2) Requesting an extension to complete CE requirements and acknowledging the requirement to file a CE Attestation of Completion on or before March 31, 2018.
Do not attest to having completed CE requirements if you do not have in your possession at time of renewal (1) documentation of CE completion and (2) Board-approved numbers for the minimum number of required CE hours.
LMFTs seeking to apply for Emeritus license status must contact the Board to request a paper application.
Workforce Survey: The Board of Marriage and Family Therapy continues to partner with the MN Dept. of Health Office of Rural Health and Primary Care in a statewide workforce survey and requests the cooperation of all LMFTs. License