• RENEW ONLINE: Click the “Renew your License” link under the "Licensees" tab. Log in with your User Name & Password and use a MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit card.
• LAMFT Renewal Fee: $100.00 (includes $25.00 late fee).
• If you have never used the Board’s online system, click on “Register to Access Site.” This account will be used for all future online activity, so maintain a copy of your login information. You must use Google Chrome, a current version of Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 to insure proper operation of the online renewal system and processing of your online renewal payment.
• If you do not intend to renew your license, notify the Board in writing via US Mail or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• To avoid late fees, your renewal must be completed by midnight June 30, 2017. You are strongly encouraged to renew early online, allowing time for any technical difficulties which may occur. Renewals submitted after June 30, 2017 will automatically be charged the mandated $25.00 late fee. No exceptions.
• FAILURE TO RENEW: Renewals not completed online by July 31, 2017 will automatically result in license expiration. • If you cannot renew online, you may contact the Board for a paper application. Please allow 1 week for delivery to a MN address and 2 weeks to an out of state address.
• LAMFT license holders are not required to complete or report continuing education hours for purposes of license renewal. Disregard any reference to CE reporting dates that appear in the online system.
Pursuant to Minn. Rule 5300.0175, an LAMFT must practice at all times under the supervision of a Board-approved LMFT supervisor and must abide by all laws and rules governing the practice of marriage and family therapy. The LAMFT license must be renewed on a yearly basis for up to six (6) additional years after issuance.
If you have questions, please contact the Board by phone (612) 617-2220 or email email@example.com.