Types of Guest Licenses:
- Guest Dentist License
- Guest Hygienist License
- Guest Dental Assistant
Guest Licensure Requirements:
The dentist, dental hygienist, or dental assistant must:
- be currently licensed or registered in good standing in another United States jurisdiction and provide an original affidavit of licensure from each state dental board or regulatory agency
- be currently engaged in the practice of that person's respective profession in another United States jurisdiction
- agree to treat indigent patients who meet the eligibility criteria
- submit a letter from the clinic that:
- includes a statement, program description or other indication that the clinic provides dental care to patients who have difficulty accessing dental care; and
- provide a copy of the IRS letter that indicates that the clinic has been established by a nonprofit organization that is tax exempt under chapter 501(c)(3)
- complete a Guest License application
- undergo a criminal background check
- This type of license must be renewed annually every December 31st.
- The holder of this type of license shall be subject to Minnesota laws and rules regarding dentistry and the regulatory authority of the board.