Step by Step Guide for Completing Your CBC
NOTE: Do not complete any of the following steps until after you have received the "Introduction to CBC" email.
Download/print PDF Step by Step Guide View the Steps for Completing CBC video
Step 1: Print the forms attached to your Introduction to CBC email.
Step 3: Fill out and sign Form 1 and Form 2.
- Fill out your full name and date of birth.
- If you have any former names or aliases (including maiden name), complete the forms as follows:
- If your first and middle name were the same as your current name for all former names, you may enter only your former last name(s) on this line.
- If you used a different first or middle name for any former name, include your full former name for all former names.
- Do not include nicknames on this line.
- Enter the board to which you have applied for licensure. Do not enter the type of license.
- On Form 2, the driver's license information and current address are optional fields. However, under some specific circumstances, having this information can help process your CBC faster.
- Sign and date both Form 1 and Form 2.
Step 3: Fill out, but do not sign Form 3.
- Fill our your name, date of birth, and board.
- Required fields: The identification information on this form is required. Enter the information for the identification you will present at your fingerprinting appointment.
- Type: Enter the type of government-issued ID you will present. For examples: Driver's license, Passport, Military ID, Tribal ID, etc.
- Entity: Enter the name of the government entity that issued the ID. For example, if presenting a driver's license, provide the name of the state that issued the driver's license. If presenting a passport, provide the name of the issuing country.
- Number: Enter the ID number.
- Enter a phone number and email address.
Step 4: Take Form 3 and your photo ID to your fingerprinting appointment. Acceptable forms of government-issued ID include driver's licenses, passports, tribal IDs, and military IDs. (Note: You are only required to bring one form of ID.)
Step 5: Sign Form 3 after the person taking your fingerprints has checked your identification. Form 3 must be signed in front of the person who takes your fingerprints at the time the prints are taken. (NOTE: If this isn't done correctly, you will be required to be fingerprinted again.)
The person who takes your fingerprints then completes the bottom portion of Form 3 and signs it.
NOTE: If you are fingerprinted at the CBCP office, this is the last step. If you are fingerprinted anywhere other than the CBCP office, continue with the following steps:
Step 6: After your fingerprints have been taken and the card is completed, the fingerprint card must be dated and signed by both you and the person taking your fingerprints.
Step 7: Mail your fingerprint card and the three forms to the CBCP office:
Criminal Background Check Program
2829 University Ave SE Ste 445
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3245