skip to content
Primary navigation
If you have trouble using the DataGrid application, you may download this SCV file and open it up in your preferred spreadsheet application.
The licenses listed above have already been considered by the Board for reciprocity to the Minnesota LPC and LPCC. It is noted next to each license type whether the license was approved or not. If a license is not listed here, it has not yet been considered for reciprocity to the Minnesota LPC and LPCC.
To consider a license for reciprocity for the first time, the Board must receive a completed LPC or LPCC application for licensure, including a copy of all of the regulations relevant to that specific license. If you hold a license that was not approved for reciprocity to the Minnesota LPC or LPCC, you will need to apply for LPC or LPCC licensure under another application method.
This list does not indicate whether a Minnesota license will be accepted by a different state licensing agency. If you are currently licensed in Minnesota and wish to become licensed in a different state, you must contact the appropriate state licensing agency in that state to inquire if your Minnesota LPC or LPCC will be accepted for reciprocity.
Application by Reciprocity for the Minnesota LPC
Unless otherwise noted, the Board has determined that the approved licenses fulfill the professional supervision requirements for licensure in Minnesota. 
Unless otherwise noted, supervision forms that are part of the LPC license application do not need to be completed.

** The LPC is approved for reciprocity, but supervision hours must be verified. The total hours of supervised post-degree professional practice must be confirmed in writing directly by the licensing board or by submission of photocopies of the original licensure forms confirming the supervision completed for licensure. If your documented hours of approved, supervised, professional practice are less than 2,000, additional supervision must be documented on the Verification of Past Supervised Professional Practice form or arranged on the Supervision Plan form that are part of the BBHTs license application. Your supervisor will need to provide evidence of his/her supervisory credentials as well.

back to top