The Minnesota Board of Teaching provides a variety of information to districts, charter schools, alternative schools and the public, including changes to licensure rules, mandatory district reporting requirements and the Board's meeting schedule.
Districts and schools are required to provide the Board with information regarding the certification status of their teachers. Compliance with these requirements ensures that all of Minnesota's students are taught by qualified teachers. See Educator Licensing for related information.
Agendas are hosted on Novus Agenda and are available for public viewing, searchable by meeting date. Once meeting minutes are Board approved the following month, they are also available on Novus as well as on the Board Meeting Archive page.
View Board of Teaching By-Laws here.
2017-2018 Board Meeting Schedule
- Tuesday/Wednesday, July 18-19, 2017 - Board Retreat: Loy Woelber's Retreat Center: 2590 121st Street, Avoca, MN 56114; Agenda
- Friday, August 11, 2017
- Friday, September 15, 2017 - (the public Open Session will begin at approximately 9:45 AM)
- Friday, October 13, 2017 - (the public Open Session will begin at approximately 9:30 AM)
- Friday, November 17, 2017 - (the public Open Session will begin at approximately 9:30 AM)
- Friday, December 15, 2017
- Friday, January 12, 2018
- Friday, February 9, 2018
- Friday, March 9, 2018
- Friday, April 20, 2018
- Friday, May 11, 2018
- Friday, June 15, 2018
All meetings (unless noted) will be held at the Minnesota Department of Education, Conference Center A, Room 13. Meetings will begin at 9 AM with Closed Session/Licensure Matters, followed by Open Session for the public.