skip to content
Primary navigation

Economic assistance

Assistance is available for qualifying families. Apply for benefits easily online on MNBenefits to determine eligibility for food, emergency or child care assistance, cash programs and more.

Minnesota's Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) helps make quality child care affordable for eligible families. 

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) helps eligible Minnesotans get the food they need for sound nutrition and well-balanced meals. 

DHS works to ensure that appropriate housing is available for people by integrating housing, services and income supports to enable adults to live in their communities. 

Income programs provide temporary job counseling, financial assistance and nutrition assistance to eligible families with children and pregnant women. 

You may also apply for Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income.

The Minnesota Department of Human Service has additional resources for adult income.

In Minnesota, county, tribal and state programs provide services for people with ASD or related conditions and their families. County public health, social services or tribal offices can provide information on medical assistance, as well as local information and referrals, including advocacy, child care, community resources, county services, education and medical specialists. For information and referrals, contact your child’s local county agency or tribe.

back to top