Preserve MN Annual Conference Call for Session Proposals
Proposals Due: February 15, 2019!
Conference Location: St. Cloud
Conference Dates: September 11-13, 2019
The Minnesota State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) is currently accepting proposals for speaker sessions for Preserve MN 2019, the Annual Statewide Historic Preservation Conference. The conference will take place in St. Cloud, Minnesota from Wednesday, September 11 to Friday, September 13, 2019.
Sessions should highlight topics related to Minnesota preservation, archaeology, history, architectural history, preservation planning, heritage tourism, sustainability, advocacy, incentives for preservation, and other related topics. The conference planning committee is interested in sessions that are relevant to the broader issues facing the preservation community, will stimulate and engage the audience, present new and fresh approaches, and can be applied to a range of attendees from across Minnesota.
Please prepare and submit them via email as a Word document. Submit your proposal to Michael Koop, Certified Local Government Coordinator at the Minnesota SHPO by email at email@example.com. Proposals must include the following six parts:
- Title: Provide a title that will capture the audience’s attention.
- Summary: In 250 words or less, describe what the session will be about. This statement will allow the planning committee to understand what is to be achieved and why it is important.
- Learning Objectives: Specify three learning objectives that will be fulfilled for those who attend your session. Having these will further allow the planning committee to understand your proposal, and will assist in having the session considered for continuing education credits from the American Institute of Architects, and/or the American Planning Association/American Institute of Certified Planners.
- Topic Statement: The Topic Statement of 50 words or less becomes the description in the conference program; it succinctly states what is being presented.
- Speaker Contact Information: For each speaker, provide:
- Name as it would appear in the conference program
- Mailing Address
- For a panel, note who is the best to contact with questions
- Biography: In 150 words or less, describe each speaker’s education, background, relevant experience, role in the project, etc.
Proposal Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2019
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Michael Koop at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.201.3291.