Preserve MN Annual Conference Call for Session Proposals
Proposals Due: January 17, 2019!
Conference Location: Stillwater
Conference Dates: September 16-18, 2020
The Minnesota State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) is currently accepting proposals for speaker sessions for Preserve Minnesota, the 2020 Annual Statewide Historic Preservation Conference. The conference will take place in Stillwater, Minnesota from Wednesday, September 16 to Friday, September 18, 2020.
Sessions should highlight topics related to Minnesota preservation, archaeology, history, architectural history, preservation planning, heritage tourism, sustainability, advocacy, incentives for preservation, and other related topics. The conference planning committee is interested in sessions that are relevant to the broader issues facing the preservation community, will stimulate and engage the audience, present new and fresh approaches, and can be applied to a range of attendees from across Minnesota.
Proposals must include the following six parts. Please prepare and submit them via email as a Word document, or download and use the fillable PDF form.
- Speaker Contact Information: For each speaker, provide:
- Name as it would appear in the conference program
- Mailing Address
- Title: Provide a title that will capture the audience’s attention.
- Description: In 250 words or less, describe what the session will be about. This statement will allow the planning committee to understand what is to be achieved and why it is important.
- Learning Objectives: Specify three learning objectives that will be fulfilled for those who attend your session. Having these will further allow the planning committee to understand your proposal, and will assist in having the session considered for continuing education credits from the American Institute of Architects, and/or the American Planning Association/American Institute of Certified Planners.
- Biography: In 100 words or less, describe each speaker’s education, background, relevant experience, role in the project, etc.
- Attach Speaker Photo (high resoluation JPEG preferred)
Proposal Deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020
Please submit your proposal by email to Michael Koop: email@example.com
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Michael Koop by email or by phone: 651.201.3291.