During public tours of the Governor's Residence, volunteer docents from the Women’s Auxiliary of the Minnesota Historical Society are on hand to answer questions in each room on the First Floor and Lower Level of the Residence. The guided summer tour takes about 45 minutes while the Holiday tours in December take roughly 20 minutes. A selection of merchandise is available for purchase during each tour. The merchandise is offered by the 1006 Summit Avenue Society, and proceeds from these sales help support the historic Residence.
Before Your Tour Begins
Please review this important information before your tour begins:
- Tours of the Residence are always free. Groups may not charge for them.
- Cameras and video are allowed in public spaces. Please feel free to take photos!
- Backpacks, bags, and strollers are subject to screening.
- Visitors should dress accordingly to the weather, as there may be a wait outdoors before entering the Residence.
- Street parking is available on Summit Avenue and on local side streets.
Directions, residence entry and accessibility information are provided below.