News and Updates
Capitol Complex Visitor Updates
A pedestrian crosswalk with flashing lights has been added to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. to enhance safety when crossing the street between the State Office Building and the Minnesota State Capitol.
Pedestrian Tunnel (closed)
The pedestrian tunnel between the State Capitol Building and the State Office Building will be closed from December 5 throughout the duration of the State Office Building Renovation project.
State Office Building, North Entrance (closed)
The north entrance of the State Office Building will be closed beginning December 5.
- Visitor parking in Lot C has been eliminated.
- Visitor parking in Lot AA has been reduced
Functions NOT impacted by construction activities during the 2024 legislative session
- ADA and Visitor Parking locations on the Capitol Complex will not be impacted (Please note: Lot C and Lot AA elimination/reduction).
- Cafeteria Service will continue in the Transportation Building and the State Capitol Building (during legislative session).
- Barber Shop service will continue to operate in the State Office Building.
- Legislative Reference Library will remain in the State Office Building.
- Legislative hearings will continue to be scheduled at the discretion of the House in the State Office Building during the 2024 legislative session.
- Metro Transit Bus and Light Rail Services will continue and will not be impacted.