Wellness Links and Resources
Healthy Links and Resources
Below you will find a number of helpful links and resources to help you on your path to wellness:
- My Plate – Created by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, MyPlate is a simple guide to help individuals build a healthy, well-balanced meal. Individuals can pick different styles such as low sodium and low in saturated fats. This is a great interactive and user-friendly tool!
- Fresh Seasons Cafe – Did you forget to pack a lunch? Do you still want to make healthy food choices? Check out Fresh Seasons website to find current menus and figure out the nutrition on popular menu items!
- Eat Right: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics – This website contains various nutrition information for consumers. With content ranging from articles and tips to videos, recipes and more! You can find the information you need through various categories such as health, and fitness for men and women!
- HealthStatus – HealthStatus works to add easy to use, useful calculators and assessments for all to use through the web.
- Minnesota Department of Health – Great resources on a variety of health topics.
- Eat Smart, Move More
Useful Smartphone Apps
- My Fitness Pal – A digital food diary designed for your phone! My Fitness Pal has a database that contains more than 5 million foods and hundreds of various exercises. Your diary can be used to track calories, macronutrients, and various vitamins and minerals.
- Couch to 5K – Are you preparing to run your very first 5K? Couch to 5K can ease non-runners into jogging 3.1 miles with help from the app! This particular plan runs for 9 weeks, with 3 workouts a week, each lasting 30 minutes.
- MapMyRun – This app lets you track your fitness activities right from your phone! Using the built-in GPS, you can record your workout duration, distance, speed, and calories burned! The app helps you find popular routes to run near you, and can even track your own routes.
- Stop, Breathe & Think – Stop, Breathe & Think is an app that guides individuals through meditations to find mindfulness and peace.