Minnesota Senate Building
The new Minnesota Senate Building (MSB) is located at the corner of University Ave. and Park St.
(on the north side of the Capitol building). Session activities in this building include: watching floor session broadcasts, visiting State Senators, attending hearings.
95 University Ave. W.
St. Paul, MN 55155
Hours: 7:30 am - 5 pm
Information Desk: 8 am - 5 pm (Ground Floor)
- Lot C is the closest parking facility, located on the corner of Sherburne Ave. and Rice St.
- 20 public disability parking spaces are available in the Minnesota Senate Building parking garage. Enter from Capitol Blvd. on the east side of the building.
- More parking information is available under the Parking and Transportation section of this website.
- Front entrance: On the corner of Park St. and University Ave. (note: Metro mobility drop off is between University Ave. and Sherburne Ave.)
- East entrance: On Capitol Ave. (note: this is also public disability accessible)
- Tunnel entrance to Ground Floor: Enter the MSB elevator from University Ave. tunnel.
The MSB has three elevators
- West elevator - goes from Ground Floor to 1st Floor
- North elevators - go from Ground Floor to Floors 1, 2 and 3
- Tunnel elevator - goes from tunnel to Ground Floor
Inside the Building
The MSB has three hearing rooms
- 1st Floor: Rooms 1100, 1150, 1200
- Senators' offices are located on Floors 2 and 3. To reach them, take the North elevators located on the Ground and 1st Floors.
Other Offices - all located on Ground Floor
- Senate Media Services
- Information Systems
- Printing and Purchasing
- Public restrooms are available on every floor. All restrooms are accessible.
- Two mother's rooms are located on the Ground Floor across from the North elevators.
- Vending machines are located on the Ground Floor.
- Drinking fountains and bottle fillers are located on every floor near restrooms.
- The closest cafeteria is the Rathskeller Cafe located in the Basement Level of the State Capitol.
- An ATM is located on the Ground Floor near the vending machines.