About the State Office Building
The State Office Building (SOB) is located just west of the State Capitol. Session activities in this building include: attending hearings, visiting House Representatives.
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
St. Paul, MN, 55155
Building Hours: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm*
Hours will be extended when open meetings are being held in the State Office Building.
House Public Information Services Hours: 8:00 am—5:00 pm
Public Communications to House Members
During floor sessions, messages from the public can be delivered to House members via the Page Desk in Room 214 adjacent to the House Chamber in the Capitol.
- Ramp F is the closest parking facility, located on the west side of the Transportation Building.
- More parking information is available under the Parking and Transportation section of this website.
Where to Enter
- Front entrance: is on Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Tunnel entrance: Enter from the Capitol Tunnel or Transportation Building tunnel.
- Elevators access Basement through 6th floors. To reach 7th floor, take the stairs or elevator from the 6th floor.
Inside the Building
The SOB has 10 hearing rooms
- Basement Hearing Room
- Ground Level: Rooms 5 and 10
- 2nd Floor: Room 200
- 3rd Floor: Rooms 300S and 300N
- 4th Floor: Rooms 400S and 400N
- 5th Floor: Rooms 500S and 500N
House of Representatives' Offices
The Chief Clerks Office
(bills and bill status, calendars, journals) is located in Room 211 in the State Capitol.
- Public restrooms are available Basement through 6th Floors. All restrooms are accessible.
- Vending machines are located on the Basement Floor.
- Drinking fountains are located on every floor.
- The closest cafeterias are the Rathskeller Cafe in the Basement Level of the Capitol and the Fresh Season’s Café in the Transportation Building.