Archaeological conferences are available throughout the United States for professionals, educators, and students to attend. These conferences are intended to aid the archaeological community and its supporters in sharing archaeological findings, building relationships, and providing available resources to the community. Follow the links below to learn more about these conferences and how to attend them.
Midwest Archaeological Conference
Midwest Archaeology holds conferences in the midwest region of the United State, including Minnesota.
- About the conference: The purpose of the Midwest Archaeological Conference is to promote and stimulate interest in the archaeology of the midwestern United States and neighboring areas; to serve as a bond among those interested in this and related subjects; to publish and encourage publication; to advocate and aid in the conservation of archaeological data; and to encourage an appreciation and support of archaeological research. Midwest
- Next conference: October 6 through October 8, 2016 in Iowa City, Iowa
Plains Anthropological Society Conference
The Plains Anthropological Society holds conferences all over the United States.
- About the conference: The Plains Anthropological Society promotes the study of the peoples and cultures of the North American Great Plains. The conference is designed as a forum for scholars, researchers and students to share information in the form of formal presentations and informal workshops, tours, and social events.
- Next conference: October 12 through October 15, 2016 in Lincoln, Nebraska
Society for Historical Archaeology - Conference on Historical and Underwater Archaeology
The Society for Historical Archaeology (SHA) holds conferences throughout the United States and Canada.
- About the conference: Formed in 1967, SHA is the largest scholarly group concerned with the archaeology of the modern world (A.D. 1400-present). The society's Conference on Historical and Underwater Archaeology meets every January for the delivery of papers and symposia and invaluable social and professional interaction. All members are encouraged to attend and participate.
- Next conference: January 4 through January 8, 2017 in Fort Worth, Texas
Society for American Archaeology Annual Meeting
The Society for American Archaeology (SAA) holds conferences throughout the United States and Canada.
- About the conference: The SAA is an international organization dedicated to the research, interpretation, and protection of the archaeological heritage of the Americas. With more than 7,000 members, the society represents professional, student, and avocational archaeologists working in a variety of settings including government agencies, colleges and universities, museums, and the private sector. The SAA Annual Meeting brings these people together and includes panels, discussions, hands-on activities, an Exhibit Hall, and more.
- Next conference: March 29 through April 2, 2017 in Vancouver, British Columbia