Verifying Your Questionnaire
There are several ways you can confirm that the 2020 Census questionnaire you received is legitimate:
- The outer envelope's return address will say "U.S. Census Bureau" and "U.S. Department of Commerce", which is the Census Bureau's parent agency.
- The return address will also show:
- The enclosed envelope for mailing the completed paper questionnaire will be addressed to either Jeffersonville, IN, or Phoenix, AZ, where the Census Bureau has mail processing centers.
- When in doubt, you can review sample copies of all official Census Bureau mailings for the 2020 Census.
- The Census Bureau will never ask you for:
- Your full Social Security number
- Your bank account or credit card numbers
- Anything on behalf of a political party
- Money or donations
To learn more, visit Avoiding Fraud and Scams.