September 08, 2014 - IT IS HEREBY DETERMINED THAT:
1. The rules were adopted in compliance with the procedural requirements of Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 14, and Minnesota Rules, Chapter 1400.
2. Under the 2013 Laws of Minnesota, Chapter 117, Article 3, Section 10, and Minn. Stat. § 171.05, subd. 4 (2014), the Department has the statutory authority to adopt these proposed rules using the exempt rulemaking process.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
The adopted rules are APPROVED.
September 08, 2014 - RECOMMENDATIONS
1. That the Commission conclude that all relevant statutory and rule criteria necessary to obtain the Certificate of Need for the Minnesota - Iowa 345kV Project have been satisfied and that there are no statutory or other requirements that preclude granting a Certificate of Need based on the record.
2. That the Commission conclude that all relevant statutory and rule criteria necessary to obtain a Route Permit for Modified Route A have been satisfied and that there are no statutory or other requirements that preclude granting a Route Permit based on the record.
3. The Commission should grant ITC Midwest a Route Permit for the Minnesota – Iowa 345 kV Transmission Line Project and Associated Facilities in Jackson, Martin, and Faribault Counties, Minnesota to construct the Project along Modified Route A.
4. The Standard Route Permit Conditions should be incorporated into the Route Permit, unless modified herein.
5. The Special Route Permit Conditions identified in paragraphs 25 through 33 above should be incorporated into the Route Permit.
6. That ITC Midwest be required to take those actions necessary to implement the Commission’s orders in this proceeding.
September 08, 2014 - 1. The Additional Notice Plan is APPROVED.
2. The Dual Notice is APPROVED, contingent upon the following adjustments to the telephone and facsimile numbers listed in the “Notice of Hearing” section of the Notice:
(a) Telephone (651) 361-7881
(b) FAX (651) 539-0030
September 03, 2014 - The Board has established that it has the statutory authority to adopt the proposed rules, that it complied with applicable procedural requirements and that the proposed rules are necessary and reasonable.