June 25, 2014 - This matter came before the Chief Administrative Law Judge pursuant to the provisions of Minn. Stat. § 14.15, subd. 3. Based upon a review of the record in this proceeding, the Chief Administrative Law Judge hereby approves in all respects the findings in the Report of the Administrative Law Judge dated June 16, 2014.
June 18, 2014 - 1. Until such time as the Board is permitted by statute or rule to exclude CPR coursework by entities other than the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross, the Board may not limit the accreditation of CPR certificates to courses from the American Heart Association and the American Red Cross.
2. The Board shall publish this decision in the State Register.
3. The Board shall bear the costs associated with this proceeding.
June 17, 2014 - IT IS HEREBY RESPECTFULLY RECOMMENDED that the St. Paul City Council impose a $500.00 penalty against Donald Buckrey’s license #20100001573 as a second hand motor dealer and auto repair garage.
June 17, 2014 - Based on the record in this matter, the Administrative Law Judge concludes that the Department has failed to demonstrate that Respondent violated the fall standard set forth in 29 C.F.R. § 1926.501(b)(1). Respondent’s employees were actively performing “leading edge” work at the time of the Department’s inspection and, as a result, Respondent was not required to provide fall protection under that standard. Accordingly, the citation issued to Respondent must be vacated.
June 17, 2014 - The Administrative Law Judge concludes that Respondent is in default and recommends that the allegations in the Notice and Order for Prehearing Conference and Hearing be accepted as true and deemed proven.
June 13, 2014 - The Administrative Law Judge concludes that Respondent is in default and recommends that the allegations in the Notice and Order for Prehearing Conference and Hearing be accepted as true and deemed proven.
June 11, 2014 - 1. The Department has the statutory authority to adopt the rules.
2. The rules were adopted in compliance with all procedural requirements of Minnesota Statutes, chapter 14, and Minnesota Rules, chapter 1400.
3. Rule parts 7503.1000, subpart 1; 7503.1675; and 7503.1725, subpart 1 are APPROVED. All other parts of the rule were approved for legality under the terms of the March 11, 2014 Order.
June 11, 2014 - 1. Did the Commissioner of Labor and Industry have authority to overrule the Referee’s determination that Rances Barthelemy knocked out Argenis Mendez with a blow struck before the bell signaling the end of the round?
The Administrative Law Judge finds that the Commissioner had the authority to overrule the Referee.
2. If the Commissioner did have the authority to overrule the referee, is the Commissioner’s decision declaring the January 3, 2014 boxing match between Mendez and Barthelemy a No Decision supported by undisputed material facts?
The Administrative Law Judge finds that the Commissioner’s decision declaring the January 3, 2014 boxing match a No Decision is supported by undisputed material facts.