November 12, 2014 - IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. There is probable cause to believe that Respondent Andrew Aller violated Minn. Stat. § 211B.04(b) by disseminating campaign material that lacked a disclaimer.
2. This matter is referred to the Chief Administrative Law Judge for assignment to a panel of three Administrative Law Judges, pursuant to Minn. Stat. § 211B.35.
3. Should the parties decide that an evidentiary hearing is not necessary and that this matter may be submitted to the assigned Panel of Judges for a decision based on the file, the record created at the Probable Cause hearing, and final written argument, they should notify the undersigned Administrative Law Judge by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 12, 2014. If both Parties do not agree to waive their right to an evidentiary hearing, this matter will be scheduled for an evidentiary hearing in the near future.
November 12, 2014 - IT IS DETERMINED THAT:
1. According to 2013 Minn. Laws, ch.114, art.4, § 104, the Department has statutory authority to adopt the proposed rules using the exempt rulemaking process.
2. The following rules were adopted in compliance with the procedural requirements of Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 14, and Minnesota Rules, Chapter 1400 and are approved:
a. Minn. R. 6110.0200
b. Minn. R. 6110.0300
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
3. Minn. R. 6110.0400 is not approved.
November 10, 2014 - IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Additional Notice Plan is APPROVED.
2. Provided that revisions are made on page two of the Dual Notice to reflect the correct fax number of the Office of Administrative Hearings and the correct date of the scheduled rule hearing (see attachment), the Dual Notice is APPROVED.
November 07, 2014 - IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1) The November 3, 2014 Order is rescinded.
2) The Additional Notice Plan and Dual Notice is APPROVED contingent upon providing notice to:
a. Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, 400 Robert Street North, Suite 1500, St. Paul, Minnesota 55101
b. The Building Owners and Managers Association of Duluth c/o Oneida Realty Co., 306 West Superior Street, Suite 1605, Duluth, Minnesota 55802
November 06, 2014 - The Administrative Law Judge concludes that the Department has failed to show, by a preponderance of the evidence, that the Licensee was responsible for the maltreatment by neglect of a four-year-old child. Therefore, the Administrative Law Judge recommends that the Commissioner of the Department of Human Services (Commissioner) reverse the finding of maltreatment, and vacate the Order to Pay a Fine.
November 03, 2014 - The Additional Notice Plan and Dual Notice is APPROVED contingent upon publishing notice in newspapers of general circulation throughout the various geographic regions of the state to inform the general public. The general public may be significantly affected by the rules because the proposed rules may affect the cost and decisions individuals and businesses in the general public, as well as various governments, make about building, renovating, and remodeling structures.
November 03, 2014 - After reviewing the complaint and attached exhibits, the undersigned Administrative Law Judge has determined that the complaint sets forth prima facie violations of Minn. Stat. §§ 211B.04, .13, but not of .08.