November 26, 2013 - 1. The Department’s Motion to Compel Discovery is hereby by GRANTED.
2. The Respondent shall respond to the Department’s Requests for Admissions, Interrogatories, and Requests for Production of Documents by 4:30 p.m. on December 10, 2013. To the extent that a particular discovery request seeks information that is subject to the attorney-client privilege or other privilege recognized by law, the Respondent may state an objection to the request on that basis.
3. Failure to respond to the Department’s discovery requests by 4:30 p.m. on December 10, 2013 may result in a further order as provided in Minn. R. 1400.6700, subp. 3.
November 22, 2013 - 1. The proposed rules were adopted in compliance with the procedural requirements of Minnesota Statutes, chapter 14, and Minnesota Rules, chapter 1400.
2. The Board has the statutory authority to adopt these proposed rules using the expedited rulemaking process under Minn. Stat. §§ 326B.435, subd. 2(a)(6), and 326B.437(d).
3. The proposed rules are APPROVED.
November 22, 2013 - The Board’s determination supersedes the authority of the local building official to require an engineered design. However, the Board should specify with particularity what the City building official is required to do upon final inspection of the ledger board attachment, and that he then be directed to approve the project if the contractor has done what the Board directed the contractor to do. In the alternative, the Board may consider other options such as approving code compliance now that the GRK screws have been installed. There needs to be additional specificity in the Board order.
November 20, 2013 - NOTICE IS NOW GIVEN that this matter has been assigned to a panel of three Administrative Law Judges for an evidentiary hearing. The assigned Administrative Law Judges are: Jeanne M. Cochran (Presiding Judge), Barbara J. Case, and Timothy J. O’Malley. The Office of Administrative Hearings is located at 600 North Robert Street, in St. Paul. All mail to the Office should be addressed to: Office of Administrative Hearings, P.O. Box 64620, St. Paul, MN 55164-06120. The Administrative Law Judges may be reached at 651-361-7900. The Office’s fax number is 651-361-7936.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED AND NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that this matter is scheduled for an evidentiary hearing to be held on Monday, January 6, 2014, commencing at 10:00 a.m., at the Office of Administrative Hearings, 600 North Robert Street, St. Paul, MN 55101.
November 18, 2013 - The Administrative Law Judge concludes that Xcel Energy has satisfied the criteria set forth in applicable statutes and rules and recommends that a route permit be granted for the Project.
November 14, 2013 - The evidentiary hearing will be held at the Office of Administrative Hearings beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, January 6, 2014. The hearing will take place before a panel of three Administrative Law Judges in a courtroom on the first floor of the Office of Administrative Hearings, located at 600 North Robert Street, in St. Paul, Minnesota.
November 14, 2013 - Because the Department properly concluded that it is more likely than not that Ms. Green committed the crime of Assault in the First Degree, the Department’s disqualification of Ms. Green should be affirmed. The Commissioner is without discretion to grant a child foster care license to someone who has committed this crime.
November 14, 2013 - 1. Mr. Munn’s request for a subpoena commanding the appearance of Jodi Gibbs at the evidentiary hearing scheduled for December 6, 2013, is HELD UNDER ADVISEMENT.
2. Mr. Munn’s request for a subpoena duces tecum to the Minnesota Department of Corrections (Department) is HELD UNDER ADVISEMENT.
3. Mr. Munn’s request for a court-appointed attorney is DENIED.
4. Mr. Munn’s request for an in-person hearing is DENIED.