- Housing and Community Development Act of 1987 (P.L. 100-142)
- Stewart McKinney Homeless Assistance Act of 1987 (P.L. 100-77)
- National Affordable Housing Act of 1990 (P.L. 101-402)
- Farmers Home Administration's Guaranteed Loan Program
- Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)
Unless they are adequately funded, however, all federally subsidized housing will continue to serve less than one-third of all eligible applicants with and without disabilities (National Council on Disability, 1996).