Personal Care Assistance Program Changes
The Personal Care Assistance Program is undergoing many changes including more stringent eligibility criteria and how assessments will be done. The informational materials at the links will help you to better understand these changes and how they will affect people currently using PCA services as well as new applicants.
Over 15,000 persons with disabilities will be re-assessed with the tightened criteria and formula for allowing PCA time between December, 2009, and May, 2010.
Links to information about the Personal Care Assistance Program Changes and Cuts.
- Frequently Asked Questions about the PCA Changes, MN DLC, [12-18-09]
- Summary of Legislative Changes and Governor’s Unallotment for the PCA services program by Anne Henry, August 18th, 2009, 7 pages
- DHS PCA Portal Website check for latest version of all DHS documents listed below.
- DHS Chart of the new 3 step PCA assessment process [10-09], DHS PCA Decision Tree [1-1-10], Base amounts of PCA hours for each of new 10 home care rating categories
- PCA Assessment and Service Plan, [DHS 3244-Eng 11-09], 10 pages
- PCA Assessment and Service plan Instructions and Guidelines for PCA Assessors, [DHS 3244-Eng 11-09], 20 pages Includes Appendix B [p15-16] on Children’s Dependencies by Age
- Information for PCA Provider Agencies on the DHS Website