It has been suggested that some of our staff members are not using proper terminology when dealing with other Departments. To help them "get with it", we present you a glossary of
- TO GIVE SOMEONE THE PICTURE: a long, confused and inaccurate statement to a newcomer.
- UNDER CONSIDERATION: never heard of it before.
- A MEETING: a mass milling by masterminds.
- A CONFERENCE: a place where conversations substituted for the dreariness of labor and the loneliness of thought.
- RELIABLE SOURCE: the guy you just met.
- INFORMED SOURCE: the guy who told the guy you just met.
- UNIMPEACHABLE SOURCE: the guy who started the rumor originally.
- WE ARE MAKING A SURVEY: we need more time to think of an answer.
- CLARIFICATION: to fill in the background with so many details that the foreground goes underground.
- A PROGRAM: any assignment that can't be completed by a phone call.
- TO IMPLEMENT A PROGRAM: hire more people and expand the office.
- CHANNELS: the trail left by the interoffice memos.
- TO ACTIVATE: to make carbons and add more names to the memo.
- UNDER ACTIVE CONSIDERATION: we're looking in the files for it.
- COORDINATOR: the guy who has a desk between two expediters.
- REORIENTATION: getting used to work again.
- TO NOTE AND INITIAL: let's spread the responsibility for this.
- TO NEGOTIATE: to seek a meeting of minds without knocking heads.
- EXPEDITE: to confound confusion with commotion.
- SEE ME OR LET'S DISCUSS IT: come down to my office, I'm lonesome.
- LET'S GET TOGETHER ON THIS: I'm assuming that you're as confused as I am.
- WILL ADVISE YOU IN DUE COURSE: if we figure out what we're doing, we'll let you know.
- GIVE US THE BENEFIT OF YOUR PRESENT THINKING: we'll listen to what you have to say as long as it doesn't interfere with what we've already decided.
Return to Comedy Network Index